Merritt D. Betts & Bacone College American Indian Research LibraryThe mission of the Merritt D. Betts Library System is to support scholarship and education by providing outstanding and innovative information services and resources to the students, faculty, and the research community.
The Merritt D. Betts & Bacone College American Indian Research Library is committed to serving the students, faculty and staff of Bacone College:
- As a fully functioning library, student workers are employed to assist in daily operations.
- Provide support to faculty and students in Moodle log-in assistance, email assistance, and if you need to find an article in the databases and Zoom classrooms.
- For those with laptops, tablets or smartphones, there is a wireless network available too.
- The library is currently organized to provide adequate social distancing protocols at desktop and laptop stations, and as per college policy, face masks are required.
- We work closely with our faculty and students with classroom instruction, where we visit and receive classes.
- We share our Native American collection for scholarly research. To inquire about collections and archives, please email Library Director Dr. David McMillan at [email protected]
Monday – Thursday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and 6 p.m.-10 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, open from 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- All students may utilize the Writing Center.
- Jr. Writing Tutors help you with your essay assignments, journaling, and 1st or 2nd drafts with suggestions on writing formats.
- The Sr. Writing Tutor helps polish your writing projects final phase, internship or fieldwork journals.
- These appointments are 30 minute time slots and are available in-person or via Zoom.
Writing Center Hours:
Jr. Writing Tutor 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday
Sr. Writing Tutor 1-5 p.m. Wednesday & Thursday
(Available online on weekends through special arrangement)
*Attendance policy: Tutoring attendees will not be more than 10 minutes late and will have no more than 2 absences.
To schedule a tutoring appointment, email or chat via Google Hangouts to [email protected]